Friday, May 23, 2008

So Things Have Changed

Alot has changed since my last post. I got this part-time job at the Natural Foods Market as a cashier dude and then I come home this morning to find a voicemail on my phone from the Vermont Freedom To Marry Task Force offering me the job. Thing is, I'd have to move to Burlington. It would be $13.50 an hour and I basically don't have good benefits, besides the fact that I'm fighting for gay rights and marriage equality. They would however pay for my phone bills and gas mileage. Am I ready to do this? Someone give me some advice, because I'm a little freaked. Life really does come at you fast. What would moving to Burlington mean? I certainly do know how adversely it would affect my musical endeavors. Its already hard enough to find practice time for the three of us. Maybe it will turn into a once in a blue moon thing. Not to mention the two shows that I've been helping to plan for SPARC this summer and our film night on June 3rd. Oh yeah and if I take the job, now I have to go back on my word to the Coop. Suggestions?

3 comments:

Robby said...

$13.50 alone for no benefits. Matt and I say that's kinda crappy. He wants you to drop by our apartment sometime this week (except Tuesday). Ok now he says he'll write you an email. Anyway to live alone in burlington and only get paid $13.50 that would be very hard. Matt says to come one over and you guys can talk about it. Please know that our door is always open to you. You can stop by whenever you please. Just call first. I think you have our numbers.

Miss you. Hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Well it is complicated. Robin is right. That is not a lot to get but its more then a lot of people. It's a good starting salary, but if you have all these other bills and your doing it alone, i don't think you can make it unless you have some money saved up. Also you did make a commitment with the co-op and it would be shitty to back out now. I would say to save up lots of money before moving out or find a roommate or two.

Matthew Kimball said...

I wouldn't be planning on living alone, because there really is no way to afford that, unless there was a studio apartment that was really cheap, but I havn't found any yet. It is an opportunity to get really good experience though and Jess is right about most people not even making that much. However, no benefits kinda scares me, but to be honest, alot people dont have em. I dunno. If I had like two more roommates, I can see it working. I will give you guys a call.